Sunday, January 6, 2013

New Year's Resolutions

So I know I probably should've done this sooner, since we're now almost a full week into the new year.  Whoops.  Although I wouldn't have done it the last few days, I totally threw out my back while shaving my legs in the shower.  Yes, I felt like an old woman.  Still do.  Ugh.

Anyway, I don't do well with finishing things sometimes.  So this year I'm actually going to make a couple of resolutions, and they're pretty general, in hopes that I can stick with them.

Here we go!

1.  Let's start with the most specific one.  My stepmom gifts me every year with a subscription to Vegetarian Times, which I love.  But a lot of times I read through it and don't cook any of the delicious-looking recipes.  So each month I'm going to cook two from each issue.  I haven't decided yet what to make from the latest issue, I just finished reading it this morning.  I'll keep you posted.

2.  Ben and I are both wanting to lose some weight.  Which means this one is actually a two-fer - eating healthier and exercising regularly.  When I was into it before, I did treadmill or other cardio M/W/F mornings and weights T/Th.  So hopefully I can ease back into that starting on Monday.  Whee!  Although I suppose that all depends on how my back is feeling then, doesn't it.  Bah.

Good luck to all of y'all who also made New Year's Resolutions!

No comments:

Post a Comment