Friday, October 19, 2012

Soap, Soap, Soap

The last few weeks I've been working to make restock of some old favorite scents.  Some of you may remember Red Currant and Coconut Pear.  These two used to be available as salt bars, which are different than my regular soap recipe.  While I love the way salt bars lather up so creamy and silky, I don't love hearing "that's an ugly bar of soap, but it sure smells nice."  So for now, these two scents are going to be available in my regular recipe of coconut oil, olive oil, castor oil and coconut milk powder.

Here they are on the curing rack.  Coconut Pear on the top, Red Currant peeking in down below.


I also made restock of Brighid, which is one of my personal favorites.  A few days ago I poured up some Guinness to let it get nice and flat.   Cheers, anyone?  :)


Yesterday I soaped it all up, and stuck it in the oven to let it do its chemical reaction thing.  I actually need to take it out, now that I think of it...  It will get sliced up and put up on the curing rack this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment