Sunday, November 4, 2012

Ben's Favorite - It's Shiner Soap!

Ben likes beer.  He likes all kinds of beers.  But his favorite is Shiner Bock.  Ben also likes to collect beer bottles.  In our kitchen, the ledge at the top of the cabinets are completely covered in beer bottles.  There are also boxes of other bottles that have no place to go, because the ledge is completely full. 


That is Ben's Shiner corner.  Shiner has made several different flavors, and has changed their Bock label a few times.  I'm pretty sure Ben has most of them.

Years ago when he was out of town for the weekend, I made a batch of soap with Shiner Bock.  I hid it and gifted him all nine bars for his birthday.  It was his favorite soap, and from what I remember, he told all of his friends about it.

Recently he's been... nagging... me to make it again.  So I present to you Ben's Favorite Beer Soap all ready to be put to bed in the oven. 


Unlike my Brighid soap, which is made with beer and a fragrance, or Michelada, which is beer and lime, Ben's Favorite Beer Soap has nothing to add to the scent except beer.  Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. That's such a sweet idea! I can understand why he loves them so much, I've made beer and wine soaps in the past and I just adore them too!

    ReplyDelete