Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Tooth Powder? Sure, Why Not!

For a while now, whenever I take a peek at my Etsy shop stats, there's at always at least one person who visited while searching for tooth powder.  Which I hadn't heard of before.  So, bring on the Google Fu.


Well, it turns out that tooth powder is pretty neat stuff.  All natural ingredients that gently scrub your teeth and gums clean.  Since my tube of Tom's toothpaste is almost empty, this morning seemed like a good time to make a tester batch of some tooth powder and try it out.

If you want to try making your own, check out Frugally Sustainable, Pocket Pause, or Wellness Mama.  In my batch, I used baking soda, Bentonite clay, finely ground sea salt, clove powder, stevia, and peppermint and spearmint essential oils.


I set aside some for myself out of the batch, and tried it this morning.  I dipped my wet tooth brush into the powder, tapped off the excess, and brushed like usual.  Now, it obviously doesn't get all foamy like toothpaste does, which is fine with me, that made me gag a few times when I was pregnant anyway.

After brushing this morning, my teeth still feel squeaky clean.  And I swear they looked whiter.  I'm definitely going to keep using this for a while.

1 comment:

  1. What an interesting idea! Isn't quite amusing what some people use to find your products and website? Seeing those search results can make me giggle.

    ReplyDelete